Super safety tips to lock your bicycle:[arrowlist]
- Always lock your bike’s frame and wheels with few high-quality locks.
- Always lock your bike, even if you’re just leaving it for a moment.
- Beware of locking to “lousy poles” that are loosely bolted down and can easily be removed.
- Avoid locking to private property.
- Store your bike inside the house or store room if space is available.
- Lock your bike when keeping it in a garage or on a porch and cover up with plastic sheet.
- Don’t leave removable gears (pumps, lights, cyclometer) on your bike.
- Record your bike’s serial number (bottom of the frame).
- Take a photo of you and your bike. Keep the receipt. These will help you identify the bike.
- Park your bike where others parked their bike.
- Request for permission, don’t simply park your bike to private property or the shop.
Reference source : Chicago Bike Program